About Me

My photo
This bloggy is watched over by an angel...angel lacylulu, we love u soooo much, u brought so much joy into our lives...we will miss u always....This blog is now dedicated to her memory!!!!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Rescued Hooman!!


w00f's all,

me left this all intacted cause it comed from petfinder...mamas sis wanted her to post it fur u all to read..i iz shure a lot of u pups and kitties, rescued ur hoomans this way...




mom2cocoa
Offline
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Total posts: 1234
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:07 pm
Post subject: This was on my local Craigslist
Reply with quote

I rescued a human today.
Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her.
I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn’t be afraid. As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident I had in the back of my cage. I didn’t want her to know that I hadn’t been walked today. Sometimes the shelter keepers get too busy and I didn’t want her to think poorly of them.
As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn’t feel sad about my past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a difference in someone’s life.
She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me. I shoved my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort her. Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship. A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well.
Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms. I would promise to keep her safe. I would promise to always be by her side. I would promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes.
I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are out there who haven’t walked the corridors. So many more to be saved. At least I could save one.
I rescued a human today.


b safe,
~rocky and company~

30 comments:

bk said...

Thanks sis i thought u fellow bloggers would like this. love bk

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

That made my mom leaky -

Fur it reminds of her how she furst saw me and I fuzzed my way into her heart -

Tank woo fur sharing it -

One down, too many more to go -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Peanut said...

I didn't get to rescue mom like that since I came from a breeder but Flash kind of did. No shelter but he was a rescue.

Jans Funny Farm said...

This is so cute!

the many Bs said...

that is a beautiful post. we have rescued our mom too, and she is so lucky to have us.

woofs.

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

We think this is a beautiful story.
Though neither ne of us came from a shelter, we surely rescued Mom!!
We think dogs are rescuing humans al the time. herever they ome from :)
SometimeMom will hve to tell about all the dogs she brought home from the local "pound"when we lived in East Texas. She rehomed lots!
Anhow, we love the story! Thanks Rocky
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter

i said...

This is such a beautiful letter. LS' eyes got leaky reading it. Yes, it's good to rescue the hoomans, isn't it?

Thor and Jack said...

Beautiful post!
Thanks for sharing to us.

Love,
Thor

Lorenza said...

Thanks for sharing it Rocky!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Wow, that was touching. Thanks for sharing it.

Levi's mom

Moco said...

What a nice post. All three of us pups rescued someone in this family and boy were they in need of all the help we can give them.

Ruby and Penny said...

Hey Rocky
This is a very nice post. Mom had to get up to get a kleenex. I came from a breeder but my kitties rescued mom.
Thanks Rocky.
See you soon
Love Ruby

Ruby and Penny said...

Hey Rocky
This is a very nice post. Mom had to get up to get a kleenex. I came from a breeder but my kitties rescued mom.
Thanks Rocky.
See you soon
Love Ruby

Molly the Airedale said...

What an awesome post, Rocky! Mom is all teary-eyed!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Rocky -

We really like this post. Thank your your Mama and your Mama's sis for sharing this.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

That is a lovely story Rocky. Of course you may use the graphic I did for you on your page and if you want to write an adventure to go with it, I'd love to read it!

The Musketeers said...

hmm .. I do not know how long before she comes home , all I know its Saturday ? Now , how long will that be ? hmmm ???


Lots of Loves ,
CODY ! :D

Casper and pals said...

Momma is leaking again 'cause she says that poem is so beautiful. We just love it so much.
Thats what happened with us too. We have all rescued our Momma!


Momma is going to copy it and pass it on to other hoomans that have been rescued too.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Woofs Casper, Buddy, Nikki and foster dog Meeko and the rescued hoo(wo)man

Fred said...

Oh, this made my Old Girl cry!

Lady Kaos said...

Awwww, that's EXACTLY what happened when I rescued my humans!! Well, except I was a little afraid of my dad.
Kaos

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

That is the greatest story we have ever heard. Thank you so much for sharing we will remember that forever.. I guess Louie and Callie rescued us too.. We are so glad that they did.. We can't imagine what our lives would be with out them..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Mack said...

We loved this!!!

Isis said...

that was very very sweet :)

The Musketeers said...

Its an orange wubba ! But I prefer RED ! Its my color !
O ! Just a few more hours ! hooray !

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story, and so true. We humans are the really fortunate ones when we bring home a rescued dog or cat - they give us everything and ask for so little in return. Thanks Rocky for bringing this to us.
Chris

cookie said...

Wow, that was wonderful. We rescued our human too. She has been saved lots of times....
We would like to pass that on.

Cookie and crew

Amber-Mae said...

I just love this story so much! I'm not sure if I rescued my hoomans or not becoz they paid money to my breeder. I guess I sorta bought them?

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Joe Stains said...

We are back! We heard about Girl Girl, so sad :(

Asta said...

Rocky
I just saw this..what a bootiful post..thank you fow shawing..we got all leaky eyed..I hope lots mow doggies get to wescooe hoomans..the whole wace needs it
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Koobuss said...

Oh, that is so beautiful!!!

I wish every human in the world could be rescued, but unfortunately, we can't save them all. Some will never know what they are missing in life. How sad.

Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie