About Me

My photo
This bloggy is watched over by an angel...angel lacylulu, we love u soooo much, u brought so much joy into our lives...we will miss u always....This blog is now dedicated to her memory!!!!

Saturday, April 19, 2008

I'm sorry!!!

I have pulled my story about the dog that ate all the yeast rolls...Bloat is a very serious condition that dogs, esp big dogs get...It is life threatening...sooo sorry...Jan's Funny Farm reminded me how very serious it is.....again let me apologize.....Peace, Claudette

Blogger Jan's Funny Farm said.

We thought the story was hilarious the first time we read it too, but since that time, we have learned that yeast dough is very dangerous for dogs to ingest. We hope you won't take offense, but we thought we would leave this information so no animals or humans will try this because the story - which we hope if fiction - is so funny.

Quoted from Better Dog Network & Humane Society: "Uncooked yeast dough is very harmful to animals. When ingested the yeast will “rise” in the stomach, causing the dough to increase to several times it’s size. Because the dough will often expand to several times it’s size, it poses the danger of expanding your pets stomach. In addition to this, fermenting dough produces alcohol. Thus, ingesting yeast dough can lead to alcohol toxicity. Symptoms include vomiting, retching, stomach discomfort, cramps, and sluggishness. Left untreated, Gastric Dilatation-Volvulus, commonly known as bloat, can be the end result. Bloat is characterized by the stomach swelling and twisting at the esophagus and/or the lower intestine. The bloated stomach obstructs veins in the abdomen, leading to low blood pressure, shock, and damage to internal organs."


Miona said...

Thank You come my blog..Momoko is usually quiet, but sometimes grow wild.

4xBs said...

that's pretty scary about the yeast dough, but it makes sense. it's a good thing our mom never bakes bread.


Pippa said...

It's a while since mistress baked bread or pizza but it is really cool that you have pointed this out.


Gus and Louie said...

Yes we know you didn't mean anything by it.. We know how bad uncooked yeast can be..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Moco said...

We know that you meant no harm with the story. It was a lesson learned about yeast and dogs for all of us. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Blue said...

Sorry, but think over reaction here!
The best way to get important info. over is through humour.
The yeast dough tale was funny but it's message was sooo obvious.
It would have been read by those who might have ignored a more serious post on the subject.

Joe Stains said...

Good thing Mom can't bake to save her life!

Asta said...

Angel LacyLulu, Rocky and Beaw,
Thanks fow the wawning..I guess I won't taste things till they'we all baked and fit to eat..
hope you'we having a lovely sunday
smoochie kisses

Amber-Mae said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't know that uncooked yeast is very dangerous! Okay, no raw yeast for us. Nu-uh!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

blingblingnauties said...

This is really scary, thanks for sharing .
Twister & Furby

Amber said...

Hi there, Angel Lacylulu, thanks for pointing this out. We had no idea


Peanut said...

I think some people need to lighten up. We know you didn't mean anything by it and don't think you should have taken the story off you blog.

Jan's Funny Farm said...

Rocky, We're sorry. We didn't mean for you to remove the story. We were only trying to point out the dangers after reading a comment or two posted on the story that seemed to take it seriously.

After reading a couple of the comments here, we're kind of relieved the link to our blog doesn't work. (And before anyone gets upset with us again, we're joking.)

We love your blog. And you are always so good about posting information to help others.

Sassy Kat said...

I think it is a good thing that Jan's Funny Farm let us know about the bad yeast if eaten when unbaked. I hope all of the moms out there that bake make sure their little furries don't eat any and get sick.